Friday, January 18, 2008

Grandma's Craft Club?

This is really a partial answer to Deirdre's questions about Grandma, but I couldn't resist posting this picture. Dad HATES this Christmas decoration that Grandma made. This year when he was trying to give it away yet again, he mentioned that she made it in "her craft club". I don't know if that was the CC Club, but here's what Dad could remember:

It was her and four other older women: Dorothy Farnsworth, Mrs. Wilkins, and two Dad couldn't remember. They used to get together once a week.

Dorothy Farnsworth (a neighbor, who lived on some of the land Dad farms now) told this story: They were all heavy-set women, and drove over to Rock Valley one day to exercise. As they all got out of Grandpa's Buick, the men came out of the elevator to watch them all get out of one car. While they were exercising, a woman came over to Dorothy and told her she shouldn't be doing that exercise. Dorothy said, I need all the exercise I can get, but the woman told her that was to increase your bust, and Dorothy dropped the weights immediately.

According to Dad, Grandpa used to say it was just an excuse to get together once a week, and have coffee and pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH!! I totally forgot, until I saw this angel, that Gramma made me a santa out of folded Readers Digests and an old woman doll with big hoop-type skirt that was on a dishsoap bottle!!! It must have been around 1974? Give or take a year or two!